Lost and Found Property
The Spring Valley Lake Association’s (SVLA) official lost and found location is at the Community Building (CB) under the supervision on the Public Safety Department (PSD). Any found or unclaimed property can be turned into PSD. Property will be kept in a secure location for 90 days until claimed or disposed of in an approved manner. The Public Safety Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure items are returned to the rightful owner pursuant to
California Penal Code 485:
One who finds lost property under circumstances which give him knowledge of or means of inquiry as to the true owner, and who appropriates such property to his own use, or to the use of another person not entitled there to, without first making reasonable and just efforts to find the owner and to restore the property to him, is guilty of theft.
Lost and or Stolen Items
- All found items that have been turned in to the PSD are held for 90 days.
- Items will be posted on the website within 48 hours with basic descriptions such as, purse, hat, phone, keys, etc...
- All items not claimed after 90 days from the time they are turned in will be donated or discarded.
- If an item is lost or stolen, a report can be filed with PSD. If the item is turned in we will use the contact information from said report to contact the owner.
- Residents are encouraged to report all stolen property to the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department.
SVL Rules and Regulations:
- PSD will attempt to contact the owner of the card via phone and in person.
- Association cards will be held for 90 days.
Claiming an Item
- 1.18. Property owners are responsible for compliance with SVLA’s Rules and Regulations by anyone using their guest passes unless they have reported to the Association office, in writing, that the guest pass has been lost or stolen.
- 1.19. Lost or stolen membership cards and guest passes must be reported immediately to Community Patrol (Security) and confirmed in writing within 7 days.
- 1.20. A replacement fee will be charged for the first lost or stolen guest pass or membership card and for each subsequent card.
Disposal of Found Items
- At the time of pick-up the owner must describe the item in full. If the description is satisfactory, the item will be released.
- Any form attached to the item must be filled out before final release.
- The individual who found any particular item has the option to keep it in the event that it is not claimed. If they wish to keep the item, they must fill out and sign a release form.
For further inquiries about Spring Valley Lake Public Safety Department’s Lost and Found Policies and Procedures please contact their office at
- All items will be held for 90 days.
- If the person who found the item and filled out a claim form does not want it after the 90 days the item will be donated or discarded.
- Prescription eye glasses/ sunglasses will be donated to the Spring Valley Lake Lions Club.
- All cell phones will be donated to a non-profit organization that has a cell phone donation program.
- If item is a driver’s license or a passport it will be turned over to the Sheriff’s Department the same day or placed in the USPS secured mail box at the Association.
- If item is a credit card, school identification card (or any other identification cards), the bank, school, or company will be notified and the card will either be destroyed the same day or held for 90 days then destroyed.
- Unclaimed cash of less the $100.00 will be given back to the person who turned it in or donated. Any money over $100.00 will be reported to the Sheriff’s Department.